Skip to main content

Sunsets

Hey guys!

Sorry I missed last week- I have been busy with school lately. On the bright side, it has allowed me to take plenty of photos for my next theme- sunsets!

These photos were all taken in Bermuda around dusk. I found it interesting how different places in Bermuda allowed me to frame my photos differently- some have water, some have trees, some have buildings... etc. The first few photos were taken at the Loren hotel at Pink Beach, the next two from my house, one from a friend's house, and the final one from the 1609 restaurant. The sky was also a dynamic element in my photos, and is what made each sunset unique.

Taking photos of sunsets gave me practice in landscape photography, which is probably my favorite and most-used way of taking pictures. It also allowed me to experiment with lighting features on my iPhone so that the photos would not be under or over exposed.

Without further ado, here's this week's batch of photos, all taken on an iPhone 7 and unedited. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next week!

~Bobby








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Architecture and Urban Design

Hello! For my first post, I decided to focus on the theme of architecture and urban design, which is also an interest of mine in addition to photography. I returned from a trip to New York City a few weeks ago, and I thought I would share some of my favorite photos that I took when I was there that would fit this theme. I saw a lot of funky and unique buildings and structures while exploring the city that really inspired me to take lots of photos on this trip. What you see below is the World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan, the new Hudson Yards development in Chelsea, and a couple of photos taken in Tribeca, which is where we stayed. I found that urban photography allowed me to experiment with unique angles and perspectives in order to work with the design of the architecture. I also tried combining additional elements into some of my photos to make them interesting and dynamic, such as colorful artworks and pedestrians. These were all taken using an iPhone 7, and most are uned

Culture and Lifestyle

Hey guys! My idea for this week's theme was inspired by a recent photo competition for students that I entered. The competition involved three themes, and one of them was "Bermuda Life" which is mostly the culture and lifestyle of Bermuda. I have done minimal photography with people, and none on this blog so far, so I thought I could challenge myself with this theme. The photos I have here relate to experiences I have had that relate to Bermudian culture and people. I took most of them spontaneously and in the moment, and tried to capture what living in Bermuda is like. These photos were taken all around Bermuda such as Horseshoe Bay, the PGA Championship at Port Royal Golf Course, and at raft-ups. I found it more difficult than landscape photography I had done in the past, as I had to focus on capturing people who are constantly moving as opposed to just the natural environment. As always, all were taken with my iPhone 7. Enjoy! ~Bobby